Information on booking service
Bookcovidvaccine.fi is a joint booking service for COVID-19 vaccination in the municipalities of Uusimaa region. The booking service is provided by the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS).
Municipalities are responsible for the vaccinations. You can look up the instructions and vaccination points in your municipality here: COVID-19 vaccination websites of municipalities.
The service includes:
- Bookcovidvaccine.fi information website
- Strong identification to the service
- Screening and preliminary information form
- Self-service booking to a COVID-19 vaccination
- Booking service for social and healthcare professionals in the municipality who will book an appointment on behalf of the patient.
To act on behalf of another adult in an online service, you must have an authorized mandate to do so.
You can grant someone a mandate to act on your behalf via Suomi.fi online service. Both the person granting the mandate and the person to whom the mandate is granted need online banking credentials or mobile ID for identification.
At Suomi.fi, the mandate in question is called ‘managing matters related to healthcare’.
This is how you book an appointment
- Look up the vaccination points and instructions in your municipality. Here you can find links to COVID-19 vaccination webpages of municipalities.
- Click on “Book an appointment”.
- Select your home municipality, age group and the vaccine dose you are booking from the list.
- Login to the service using electronic banking credentials or mobile ID.
- Review and fill in the preliminary information form.
- Book an appointment for the booster vaccine according to the instructions.. Rebooking a vaccine appointment: read more here.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your appointments by email or text message. The message includes instructions for changing the appointment date.
Third vaccine dose
In the service, you can also book an appointment for 3rd COVID-19 vaccine dose. The vaccine dose may be given to
- severely immunocompromised persons aged 12 years or older, after 2 months from the second vaccine dose
- girls and women aged 12 years or older and for men aged 30 years or older who have received their second vaccine at a short vaccination interval of less than 6 weeks and more than 6 months previously
- persons aged 60 years or older
- persons aged 12 years or older living in institutions and care homes
- at-risk groups 1 and 2 prone to a severe form of COVID-19 (further information on at-risk groups can be found on the THL website).
3rd vaccine dose is not recommended for men under 30 years of age who are not in the at-risk groups described above.
The vaccination site will check that the person belongs to a group that is currently being given 3rd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Experiencing problems with booking?
The service obtains your data from the population registry. Book your appointment by phone if you have an order of non-disclosure for personal safety reasons (turvakielto), or if your home municipality is not in Uusimaa but you have chosen a health care service provider in Uusimaa. In these cases, we will not be able to obtain your data.
If you have any questions related to the vaccine or vaccination process, please contact the healthcare unit in your municipality.
Using the booking service requires that you:
- accept all cookies on the service
- accept the terms of service
- give your consent for the service to evaluate if you are part of the groups that are being vaccinated.