COVID-19 vaccination for the social and healthcare professionals
Currently, vaccines are administered to the healthcare personnel treating confirmed or suspected coronavirus patients, as well as the personnel and residents in 24/7 care facilities for elderly people.
Personnel participating in the analytics, coronavirus testing and treating confirmed or suspected coronavirus patients in the following units can be vaccinated:
- In intensive care and monitoring units (COVID-19 cohort units)
- In hospital wards (COVID-19 cohort units) and emergency departments as well as emergency medical care and patient transport
- In COVID-19 clinics treating confirmed or suspected coronavirus patients; at sampling sites and laboratories that process COVID-19 tests and analytics
- In units of enhanced services in institutional care and housing services in social care intended for elderly people, i.e. long-term care units. The residents of these units will also be vaccinated.
Critical groups of social and healthcare personnel to a limited extend:
- In hospital-at-home, home nursing, and home-care services for the elderly in primary healthcare.
- Carefully selected units or professional groups in specialized healthcare by according to invitation order
Only social and healthcare professionals in the aforementioned groups are able to get the vaccination at the moment.
The appointment for the booster vaccination will be booked at the vaccination point.
You may book an appointment to COVID-19 vaccination only if:
You have received a personal email from your supervisor stating that you have an opportunity to be vaccinated. Do not forward the email from your supervisor to anyone.
Your supervisor has informed you about a vaccination point. Be careful that you book an appointment to the correct vaccination point.
You will need electronic banking credentials or mobile ID to book an appointment. You also need to know which vaccination point you should make the ap-pointment for.
Are you a professional working at a vaccination point?
You can learn more on how to use Bookcovidvaccine.fi service at https://www.hus.fi/ammattilaiselle/koronarokotusaika (in Finnish).
Cancelling a booked appointment
You will receive a confirmation message on your appointments by email or text message. The message includes instructions for changing the appointment date. To change the first vaccination appointment, please see the confirmation message for instructions. The confirmation message contains the required link and code. If your scheduled appointment is less than 15 hours away, you can only cancel by phone. Appointments for the second vaccination dose can only be cancelled by phone.
If you have questions regarding your own vaccination, please contact your occupational health care provider.
Experiencing problems with booking?
You can contact appointment booking using the feedback form. Please note: your feedback will be processed in HUS IT Management. If you have questions about the vaccination itself and its arrangements, please contact your home municipality.
Arrival to vaccination
Come only if you are healthy. Dress in a way that allows you to easily expose your upper arm.
Make sure to bring along the documents as requested by the vaccination professionals*.
Wear a face mask, exercise proper hand hygiene and keep a distance of 2 metres to others.
Save 15 minutes for post-vaccination monitoring.
*For example, your ID card, work ID card, VRK card and Kela card.